You are probably not yet registered in the forum - Click here to sign up for free  
Forum Overview | Search | Register | Login | Online? | Members | FAQ
You may sign up here.
This thread has 1 Replies
and was viewed 17 times.
Inform me about replies
 Controversies Sort: Old posts first  
Nobody

17.10.2007 14:44
Homosexuality reply

Homosexuality has been more tolerated in the past years. Yet still it is not completely accepted everywhere. I'm just wondering, what's so hard about accepting that there are men who love men and women who love women? I try thinking about it this way: When we critcise homosexuals, they feel just like we would if somebody would not like the fact of us being together with the guy/girl we like. How would that feel, if you were constantly molested verbally because of the person you're in love with?

I think homosexuals can't do anything about their feelings towards their same gender. We people tend to want to get rid of anything abnormal, instead of taking a good look at it and trying to understand.

I'm a very open person, and I hardly have trouble accepting people who are different. That's why it's hard for me to understand people who are against homosexuals. What I do understand is that you don't see a homosexual couple holding hands or making out in public everyday and that it's hard especially for older people to get used to that. But wasn't it the same thing for heterosexual couples over a century ago? It was not accepted to kiss in public at all. And now it's perfectly normal.

Can anyone tell me what's so hard about accepting homosexuals?

Mithcoriel

20.11.2007 19:05
RE: Homosexuality reply

Hi friend. :)
*sigh* Yes, if only the world were so simple that people could just accept one another. But there are so many things that are considered evil or perverted too deep down in our brains for some people to change them. Homophobes have a huge range of "arguments" against homosexuality. Wait, I'm listing them all in the new board (and denouncing them one by one), you'll be able to see it nicely there. ^_^ Once I have all the arguments listed I wanted to, I'll start making publicity for the forum and then the discussions can get going

jumo  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz