You are probably not yet registered in the forum - Click here to sign up for free  
Forum Overview | Search | Register | Login | Online? | Members | FAQ
You may sign up here.
This thread has 2 Replies
and was viewed 20 times.
Inform me about replies
 Other Sort: Old posts first  
Mithcoriel

17.06.2007 11:41
Agnosticism - Good or cowardly? reply

I'm an agnostic, meaning I think all religions are equal, and no belief is better than another. I like to believe in things from various religions.
Now, thing is, I'm often told that I'm just too cowardly/lazy to make up my mind. What's your take on this?

Well I think:
I see nothing wrong with mixing religions, or only accepting part of a religion and dismissing other parts. E.g. I'm a christian, but I tend to take care of work on sundays, nevertheless. My friend is very interested in the teachings of Buddhism, but she still believes in a God. Especially since a lot of the older religions have got redundant, brutal or intolerant parts in their teachings, I think it's important to use your own brain and decide what is right for you. If Religion A says: "Honour your parents, but you can bash animals as much as you want, they're worthless", and Religion B says: "Respect animals, and don't work on Tuesdays", what's wrong then if I honour my parents but don't bash animals, respect animals but still work on Tuesdays?

Well, guess that sums it up for a start. Let's see what other people have to say on that.

Applette

25.11.2007 17:35
RE: Agnosticism - Good or cowardly? reply
Oh, hi there. ^_^
I moved my forum to here: http://controversies.yuku.com/topic/380
You know, better forum platform etc. Why don't you quickly copy and paste your reply over and then we can continue discussing there? ^_^

Do I know you IRL btw?
Mithcoriel

25.11.2007 17:39
RE: Agnosticism - Good or cowardly? reply

GAAAAH. Dangit, now I edited your reply instead of quoting it. -_-
Well, so how about coming over? ^_^

jumo  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz