You are probably not yet registered in the forum - Click here to sign up for free  
Forum Overview | Search | Register | Login | Online? | Members | FAQ
You may sign up here.
This thread has 0 Replies
and was viewed 19 times.
Inform me about replies
 Introduce yourself Sort: Old posts first  
Mithcoriel

17.06.2007 00:44
Mithcoriel, the admin reply

Hello everyone
I know that, at the time of writing, I'm still the only member of the forum, but you gotta start somewhere. ^^.
About myself:
Well, I'm a female university student from Switzerland. I'm interested in: Computers, reading, drawing, fantasy, nature..I'll think of more later.

My belief:
I'm technically Christian, but I'm also very agnostic. Of all beliefs, the most important of all to me is: You can't prove anything. We inferior humans will never be able to prove if there is one god, several gods, or no gods at all, nor what they are like, what they want, what they think of us humans. Therefore everyone should be free to believe whatever seems logic and fit to them, and any religion, including atheism, has a right to be respected. The only thing I don't like is people who say: "My belief is the One Truth, and everyone else is wrong!" Whenever I come across religious fundamentalist, I tend to argue against religion, reminding people that nothing can be proven. Likewise, when I come across an atheist who says "Religious people are all idiots, god doesn't exist", I argue for religion, reminding him of its positive sides. I'm also very interested in all kinds of religion, be they christianity, judaism, islam, buddhism, hinduism, paganism, you name it.

My purpose in this forum:
Well I pretty much said it above. Too often now, I came across creationist websites which are biased and intolerant towards non-christians, where there's not much opportunity for me to leave a comment and voice my oppinion. Or if I do, e.g. by sending the administrator an email, I get ignored. Likewise, I see plenty of anti-religious comments, and when I try to respond to them, they call me a deluded christian. This doesn't just happen on websites, also in the comments of Youtube videos etc. Either way, there never seems to be enough space for a big argument, either cause the post size is limited, or cause you have to stay on the limited topic of the video. That's why I made this forum, so we can talk and talk as long as we want to. ^^

Well, can't think of what else to write, but you're always free to ask questions.

jumo  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz